Parent 1:1 information summer take home 2022
"Missing Key" Issue: You may notice students bringing home computers with "missing keys". Unfortunately, this is a direct result of students picking and prying at the keys to remove them. If the student has the parts and has not damaged the connectors on the keyboard, we can usually put the key back on, but it will never be as secure as it originally was. If, in picking off the keys, the student has damaged or removed the connectors attached to the keyboard, it calls for a complete keyboard replacement. The current cost for this part is $85.00, which would be charged to the parent as this is vandalism, intentionally breaking a device.
Check here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Technology Tutorials, and other technology assistance. This site will be updated on a continuing basis, so please check back.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is an FCC program to help families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Parent Progressbook Information
Parents will be able to access report cards online and print them directly from Progress Book. If a student owes school, lunch, fundraiser, or library fees, parents will be able to view the report card online, but the printing capability will be disabled.
Parents must have a Progress Book account in order to view and print student report cards. If you don't already have a Parent Progress Book account, you must create one for your student. In order to create an account, parents must have a registration key for their student. Registration Keys were emailed to parents . A registration key can be also be requested using the link below.
Having issues like white screen, error, etc?
Try these things first:
Additional help during the school year:
- Grades 7-12 - Students check with their teacher , is the teacher cannot resolve the issue, the students take their computers to the Media Center in their building (Junior High or High School) and request assistance.
- Grades K-6. Contact your child's teacher(s) via email, if they cannot assist they will put in a helpdesk ticket with the Tech Department.
Summer repair assistance for student Chromebooks:
If you have an issue with the device during the summer, we will have limited repair services available. Please use the following Google Form to report an issue. https://bit.ly/33mH8lS
Summer repairs will count as part of the 2022-23 school year technology fee. The fee covers one major and two minor repairs each year. Repairs beyond one major and two minors or repairs caused by animals, liquids, foods, neglect, or vandalism are not covered under the school fee and are the responsibility of the family. If the family is required to pay for a repair, the repair cost will be added to the student's school fees.
Student/Parent 1:1 Agreement (This is now completed in Final Forms as part of registration)
Student 1:1 Device FAQ
- No food, drink, or liquids should be near the device.
- Cords, cables, and removable storage devices must be inserted carefully into the device
- Do not put pencils, pens or other objects on or around the keyboard. If an object is left on or around the keyboard area while closing the lid, the screen may crack.
- The device should not be used or stored near pets.
- The device must remain free of any writing, drawing, stickers, and labels.
- Heavy objects should never be placed on top of the device .
- Avoid getting the equipment wet or damp.
- Never lift the device by the screen or carry the device with the screen open.
- The device screen can be damaged if subjected to heavy objects, rough treatment, some cleaning solvents, and other liquids.
- Do not attempt to repair the device, please contact your teacher if the device is not working properly or has been damaged.
STAFF NEWS .
Technology: Staff Helpdesk
Staff Internet connectivity - instructions for installing the Securly certificates. .
330-722-8257 ext 4205
Technology Systems Administrator
330-722-8257 ext 4203